Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's party time!

We will be hosting a sleepover party tomorrow night with Abby (who's turning 8) and 6ish of her friends.  I've been making muffins for breakfast and cleaning and planning and still need to clean lots (but they're kids, so they won't expect perfection, which makes me feel better).  Abby's big request was to "have a treasure hunt where we follow the clues like Emily had at her Incredibles party."  Sure, no problem, those are super fun.

Then today it suddenly occurred to me that Hannah and Emily might enjoy helping with the treasure hunt.  Moments of struggle, am I willing to let them do it even if it's not the same way I would or maybe I don't think it's done as well as I could?  Then I remember how creative and amazing those two girls are, so I asked if they wanted to be in charge of the treasure hunt.  And I didn't see much of them for the rest of the afternoon unless they couldn't find something (which happens frequently since we're still not all the way unpacked).

They have been planning and creating.  One clue has a video on the computer that Hannah dressed up and created with the camera on the computer.  There will be a clue that requires the party girls to call Grandma for more information (from a script provided by Hannah and Emily).  It's going to be awesome, as good as anything I would have done.  Plus they have a great role to play in making Abby's day special.  I'll post pictures.  I'm so proud of them I'm tearing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment