Thursday, July 22, 2010

Self-healing Microwave!

Our microwave has healed itself!

About a week after we moved in, our vent fan on our over-the-range microwave turned on automatically while I was cooking and never turned off!  We tried pushing all the buttons, unplugging and plugging it back in, read the repair manual and even called the assistance line (who offered to send someone out to look at it, they don't do technical support over the phone).

Finally, we just decided to deal with it and unplugged the microwave when we weren't using it.  The problem with this was that the kids can't reach the plug, so every time they needed to use the microwave, they needed Doug or I to come plug it in.  Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but annoying.

Today, when one of the girls finished microwaving her hot dog for lunch, I suddenly noticed that the microwave was still plugged in, but the fan was off!  I have left it plugged in and so far, so good.  So there you have it, a self-healing microwave!  I'm afraid I can't release the make and model or there may be a rush to the stores that could potentially cause damage.

I think we will call her Rosita.

No comments:

Post a Comment