Saturday, July 17, 2010

You make everything glorious

I love the song that sings to God "You make everything glorious, and I am yours, so what does that make me?"  We are created to be beautiful, glorious, enchanting creatures, but we're stuck in this sinful, crazy world that makes it easy to forget that truth.

I want to look for those beautiful things in my every crazy day.  I want to share the things that make me smile or laugh out loud or well up with tears of joy.  You'll hear about my kids -- five amazing daughters and one sweet baby boy.  After 12 years of marriage, I'm crazy about my husband, even when we're driving each other crazy.

We've recently moved into the house I think we'll be in forever, and I'm slowly working to make it beautiful and perfect for us.  I'm enjoying exercising my creativity to make the most of what we have, and I'll enjoy showing it off a little.  One great thing is that our house is across the back yards from my parents, and my husband is even happy about that (most days).

It's going to be a journey of choosing each day to focus on those things that are glorious and beautiful.  That choice will shape my attitude toward my husband, my children, my (sometimes crazy) schedule, and my house.  I will choose to rejoice and be glad in this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment