Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Two weeks of success!

Since joining Weight Watchers, I've lost about 9 pounds in 2 weeks!  Now, I don't think I will continue to lose that much each week, but it's been such an encouragement to have that come off easily.  Even more encouraging is that I feel like God is working on my attitude toward food.  I am finding it easier to fight my emotional desires to eat, believing the truth that food isn't really what I need, just a substitute for something else I'm craving.

Yesterday, I was hungry physically, but also had lots of emotional cravings, which caused me to overeat somewhat.  And afterwards, I stepped back and realized I did not feel better at all.  I didn't beat myself up over it because I can still work my point count for the week and be okay (if I can get some exercise in), but it's important to remember how disappointed and unsatisfied eating that extra brownie really was.  Maybe if it had been the pumpkin pie blizzard I was really craving....fortunately they aren't out yet (and fortunately they have the new mini size).

I love that my pants fit better.  I love that I have cheekbones.  I am looking forward to more good things to come as I get healthier and slimmer.

Today was a tough day, but it could have been so much worse, and as I look back over the week, I can think of so many glorious things that have happened.  So as the thunder rumbles, I'm thankful that we're all home and warm and dry and snuggling on the couch.  Squeeze your family today!

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your journey....you'll get there. I'm on the same path (again) but determined that this time is it!

    ReplyDelete