Friday, January 28, 2011

3 things

A lot of nights, I look back at my day, and am disgusted with how I spend my day.  I "didn't have time" to exercise or read my Bible or play a game with my kids, but I did win a few computer games and read about all the things other people are doing in their houses.

I want my daily life to reflect what is the most important to me.  I decided there were 3 things I want to have in each day:
1. Some time with God
2. Something active, which has to include my back exercises
3. Intentionally connecting with each person in my family

I am really good at feeling guilty about all the things I should be doing.  All the things I think I should be doing overwhelm me so I don't do anything.  I needed to create an achievable goal.  "Lose weight" is too big and vague.  Same with "keep the house cleaner" or "do a better job with my kids."

This I can do.  If I do these three things, I can be okay with my day.  Hopefully I'll get something clean in the house and make healthy food choices, but that will just be icing on the cake.

mmmm, cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment